Morocco to Bring Home Bodies of 2 Moroccans Killed in Spain

Rabat – The Ministry in charge of Moroccans Living Abroad and Migration has said it will transfer the bodies of two Moroccans who died in an illegal firework warehouse blast in the Spanish province of Pontevedra.The ministry said in a statement yesterday that the man and his wife died on May 23 and will be transferred in coordination with Morocco’s consulate general in Bilbao, Spain.The ministry decided to conduct the operation following the identification of the two victims as Abdelkhalek El Bouabi and his wife Zahra Bouadel, conducted by Spanish authorities. The ministry has mobilized two ambulances to transfer the bodies from Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport to the city of Khouribga, where they will be buried.The funerals will take place on Saturday in the presence of a delegation of the ministry in charge of Moroccans Living Abroad and Migration Affairs.According to Spanish website ThinkSpain, the couple had been living in Spain for 11 years and had two young sons, aged 13 and 9, now orphaned.The incident caused major consequences, damaging nearly 50 houses. No major injuries were sustained among other residents as they managed to escape houses, which crumbled to dust.ThinkSpain also reported that the owner of the firework stash was arrested and charged with negligent homicide, but was released on bail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *