UPDATE Fire causes minor damage to house

first_imgA woman attempting to burn personal files in the kitchen sink started a minor fire in a Truman neighborhood house late Thursday, officials said.Vancouver firefighters responded shortly before 11 p.m. to a house fire at 4204 N.E. 47th Ave. The fire was contained to the kitchen sink and was under control by 11:03 p.m., according to emergency radio traffic monitored at The Columbian.The woman was able to leave the home through the front door but a boy was taken out of a second-story window by firefighters, said Capt. Scott Willis, Vancouver fire spokesman.The woman was treated by firefighters for minor smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.The woman told a Battalion Chief on the scene that she was trying to burn personal papers in the sink, Willis said. “It got a little bit out of control.”The cabinets were a little black from soot and heat and the house was damaged by smoke.The house is owned by William and Marianne Winters, according to county property records.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *