Lt. Gov. Brian Dubie and Treasurer Jeb Spaulding Announce “Green Valley” Funding Initiative

first_imgLt. Governor Brian Dubie and State Treasurer Jeb Spauldingjointly announced a plan to invest $48 million in state employeepension funds in Vermont’s “Green Valley” – an economic development sectorcomprised of businesses dealing in environmental technologies, goods andservices.”It’s all about jobs and economic growth for our state in a dynamic newdirection,” Dubie said, “and it’s about devoting Vermont’s youthful energyand some of our resources towards making Earth a cleaner and healthier placefor everyone.”Spaulding noted that as State Treasurer, he is the custodian of Vermontstate employees’ pension funds. “Ever since I was elected,” he said, “I havelooked for ‘triple bottom line’ investment opportunities for our funds: onesthat are good for people and society, good for our environment and produce agood return on investment. Our investment board has made clear its desire touse 2% of our funds this way. When Lt. Governor Dubie proposed investing inVermont’s Green Valley companies, I was immediately excited.”Dubie, Spaulding and Economic Development Commissioner Mike Quinn have beenworking on a mechanism to distribute the funds, such as Vermont’s EconomicDevelopment Authority (VEDA). The final structure of that mechanism has yetto be determined.Dubie and Spaulding made the announcement at a forum on renewable energysponsored by the Vermont Environmental Consortium and Norwich University.”We have innovative people and companies right in our state developing cleantechnologies with the potential to provide these pension funds withpositive, long-term returns, and that can create jobs and economic growth inVermont for years to come,” Dubie said.”Everywhere on earth, from Shanghai to Montreal,” he continued, “demographictrends, public awareness, environmental crises and increased regulation aredriving the growth in the clean technology industry. I commend Treasurer JebSpaulding and look forward to working with him to harness that growth energyfor Vermonters.”last_img read more

St. Louis fourth graders celebrate a ‘Hoosier birthday’

first_imgBatesville, In. — Happy Birthday, Indiana! By: Lucy Meyer, 4th grade student, St. Louis SchoolFourth Grade SLS students do fun activities to celebrate Indiana’s statehood!  On December 11, 2018, the 4th grade students participated by making play dough sculptures of Indiana. We also made a tin punch of Indiana, stamp drawing, pin the star on Indianapolis, and a Kahoot! about facts of Indiana. Parents came to help with the party too! The cross stitch was many kids’ favorite. Leigh Walmsley said that her favorite station was the tin punch because it was loud! A large amount of people liked making whirly gigs and had fun playing with them. It was a great day for a celebration! **This content was provided completely by St. Louis Catholic School students Photo: (L-R) Griffin Koester, Carson Hartwell, Andrea Meyer (parent helper), Avery Austin, Grace Gutzwiller, and Leigh Walmsleylast_img read more

WBC dismisses AJ, Fury fight

first_imgA fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua has been dismissed by World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman as simply “speculation” over the weekend.As Fury and Joshua continue to talk up a potential meeting in 2021 and a follow-up immediately after, Sulaiman moved to reassure mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte. Sulaiman said Whyte will be able to push through his shot, as previously promised, once Fury clears up a contracted third fight with Deontay Wilder.Whyte had launched a grievance against the WBC Rules and Regulations, not legal action as reported in the media, just days prior.“For the WBC there is a mandatory title defence that the champion has to make,” Sulaiman told Boxing Insider Radio.“The mandatory challenger is the interim champion, Dillian Whyte.“He has the right to enforce his title shot after the Wilder vs Fury third fight. “Fury vs Joshua is just speculation.“They have both come out and said that they have a deal which is very good.“But there are many things that must take place before it actually happens.”Should Wilder gain revenge against Fury, Whyte would then battle the American instead.Asked if Whyte’s stipulated date of February 2021 for his chance will be extended due to the coronavirus delay, Sulaiman added: “Right now we don’t know when boxing is going to resume for some specific fights, such as the rematch between Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury. “We don’t know if that fight will happen October, November, December, next year.“We cannot control that.“But for the WBC there is a legal contract that they signed for a third fight (between Fury and Wilder).”Good news for Whyte, who is coming up to one year as the interim title-holder.RelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Dillian Whyte to face Povetkin in November rematch Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Prior to that, Whyte spent over 600 days as the number one WBC contender.Firstly, Fury vs Wilder III has to take place, most likely in Las Vegas at the new Allegiant Stadium.A few thousand fans may be able to attend.Alternatively, an even lesser crowd with ticket prices escalated – could witness the bout at the MGM Grand, where the rematch took place last February.Fury will be aiming for a repeat after taking out Wilder in dominant fashion.Tags: Anthony JoshuaBOXINGDillian WhyteTyson FuryWBClast_img read more