CRICKET: ICC Twenty20 World Cup NAGPUR, India (AP) – West Indies captain Darren Sammy will be confidently aiming for a semi-final spot at the World Twenty20 when the 2012 champions take on South Africa in a Group 1 match today (9 a.m. Jamaica time). West Indies have recorded convincing victories against England and Sri Lanka on contrasting pitches in Mumbai and Bangalore and Sammy believes his side can maintain its momentum. Victory would assure West Indies of a place in the semi-finals, even before their fourth and last group game against Afghanistan on Sunday at the same venue. “We have six steps to the cup, we’ve taken two, tomorrow is about taking one more step toward our goal and that step is South Africa,” he said. “Hopefully we could entertain like we’ve been doing since the inception of T20 cricket and at the end of the day we’ll be celebrating a place in the semi-finals.” Mystery surrounds how the wicket will behave as it has been covered for the last two days under baking sun in Nagpur. If the wicket suits spinners like it did when New Zealand shocked hosts India in a low-scoring Group 2 opening match, Sammy has Samuel Badree and Sulieman Benn to pose challenges for the strong South Africa side. West Indies didn’t feel the absence of the destructive Chris Gayle against Sri Lanka after Andre Fletcher stepped up and made a rapid unbeaten 84 off 64 balls. Gayle, who scored a 47-ball century against England, couldn’t bat at Bangalore because of a hamstring injury he sustained while fielding, but he has regained fitness for today’s game. And Sammy hinted Fletcher could get the nod ahead of Johnson Charles as Gayle’s opening partner. “It’s a good headache to have whether we let Fletcher or Charles open the batting with Chris,” he said. “The good thing is Fletcher has played really well … we have a fair idea who will open tomorrow.” Despite the absence of their two key Twenty20 players Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine, West Indies twice successfully chased down the targets with ease. So much is the dominance of West Indies’ regular bowlers that Sammy and even Gayle are yet to bowl in the tournament. “That’s the beauty of our team,” Sammy said. “It’s not about egos and stuff like that, it’s about me as a captain doing what’s necessary at the time on the field for the best interest of the team.” South Africa lost to England before beating Afghanistan and are in a must-win situation as another defeat could put them in danger of making an early exit from the tournament. The Proteas scored over 200 runs against England and Afghanistan, but their bowlers went for plenty — especially in the first six overs of batting powerplay in both games at Mumbai. Joe Root’s epic 83-run knock helped England chase down World T20’s highest ever total of 230-8 while Afghanistan’s bulky opener Mohammad Shahzad whacked a rapid 41 to give South Africa an early scare. “As a team we’ve been possibly going at about 60-70 percent now for a while and I’m hoping that we’ll step up the gear when it comes to crunch time for us in the tournament,” said South Africa captain Faf du Plessis. “There’s a few mistakes we made, but I do think that bowling will be a little bit different in these conditions.” A hamstring injury to all-rounder JP Duminy during the Afghanistan match has also made South Africa consider bringing on Aaron Phangiso to supplement the legspin of Imran Tahir.
THE GAA says the result of its investigation into the alleged sledging of a Donegal Minor player is to remain a secret.The Ulster Council of the organisation did say however that reports on the Tyrone supporters website teamtalkmag.org last night were inaccurate.The website claimed Tyrone Minor players allegedly involved in the May 17 incident during the Donegal v Tyrone game at Mac Cumhaill Park had been exonerated, sparking an angry response from the Donegal county board. The Ulster Council said: “Following a request from the Tyrone County Committee, Ulster GAA through its CCC established an Investigation Committee in May 2015 which met on seven occasions over a four month period to review evidence and witness statements alongside conducting a range of interviews with the relevant parties.“At a meeting on Wednesday 23rd September the Committee reviewed its findings with both Tyrone and Donegal and the concluding report was agreed by all parties.“The Committee agreed with both County Committees that the findings will remain confidential. We would also highlight that recent media reports regarding the investigation do not accurately reflect the findings of the Committee. “All parties were satisfied that this matter was resolved and there will be no further comment from Ulster GAA.”We understand however that the alleged victim – who was allegedly taunted about his late father – stood by the allegations but decided he did not want any further action. GAA: REPORT INTO ALLEGED VERBAL ABUSE OF DONEGAL MINOR STAR TO REMAIN SECRET was last modified: November 5th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGAATyrone
QPR are ready to rival Liverpool for the signing of Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe, according to The People.Defoe is tipped to leave White Hart Lane this summer and Liverpool were believed to be interested before the Anfield club’s recent sacking of Kenny Dalglish.Hughes apparently wants a new-look forward line.It is claimed Rangers boss Mark Hughes wants to form a new-look attack by capturing Defoe and Andy Johnson.Out-of-contract Fulham forward Johnson is said to be close to moving to Loftus Road, with Hughes keen to offload Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell.The Daily Star on Sunday say Joey Barton could join West Ham, whose manager Sam Allardyce signed him for Newcastle.Despite recent reports that it could cost QPR around £11m to sack Barton, the Sunday Express suggest he is unlikely to be entitled to any compensation if he is fired and that his most likely destination would be Qatar.The Sun on Sunday say the R’s are keen to sign Fabio on loan from Manchester United after the defender’s move to Benfica hit a snag.The People also say Chelsea chiefs will meet with Pep Guardiola’s brother on Monday and believe they can tempt the former Barcelona boss to take over at Stamford Bridge.It is claimed that the club will tell Guardiola he would be under no pressure to win trophies during his first two seasons in charge.Roberto Di Matteo is a front runner for the Aston Villa manager’s job, the Sunday Mirror say.Abramovich is tipped to overlook Di Matteo.There has been speculation that the Italian, who has a house in the Midlands following his spell as West Brom boss, is interested in taking over at Villa because of the uncertainty surrounding his future at Chelsea.It is claimed that there is now a strong possibility that he will succeed the sacked Alex McLeish.The Sunday Mirror also suggest that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is determined to appoint Guardiola even if he has to wait a year, and that Ryan Bertrand is in line for a new contract.Meanwhile, Fulham are to increase their bid for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes to £5m, according to The People.It was claimed last week that Fulham had an offer of £3.5m for the Terriers star rejected.The People also say the Whites have clinched the signings of highly-rated Portuguese teenagers Filipie Cristo and Dinei from Setubal.And a number of newspapers report comments made by USA boss Jurgen Klinsmann, who suggests American star Clint Dempsey should leave Craven Cottage.Klinsmann is quoted as saying: “If you play consistently at the highest level then offers will come in. I think everybody is aware of that. His goal is the right goal, – we have often discussed it.“If he has the opportunity to go to a Champions League team, that’s the crème de la crème of club soccer then you have to do that, with all the respect obviously to Fulham, as he often mentions.“But you want to play in the biggest club competition in the world and that’s the European Champions League and hopefully something will happen over the next couple of weeks.“If it doesn’t happen then he has to keep pounding away and knocking at the door.”Does Barton deserve to be sacked by QPR? Click here to voteShould Di Matteo be given the Chelsea job? Click here to voteFollow West London Sport on Twitter Find us on FacebookFollow West London Sport on Twitter Find us on Facebook
A 15-year-old teenager born and raised in Mamelodi, east of Pretoria is a young girl reaching for the stars. Oratilwe Mashigo is set to represent South Africa at the renowned Miss Teen Global beauty pageant due to take place 14th – 20th October 2019 in Brazil.This is a lifetime opportunity for young Mashigo as she seeks to fly the South African flag high, promoting our diverse cultures and tourism to the world whilst showcasing her beauty and talents.Not only is she Miss Teenager SA 2019 1st princess, she is also the founder of the Sandpaper Victors campaign, a non-profit organisation with a focus on alleviating teenagers’ emotional challenges. She was recently tasked with the responsibility of co-facilitating support group workshops with the New York University volunteers.This collaboration will extend the Sandpaper Victors campaign’s footprint whilst drawing international learnings. Oratilwe is a high performer academically and has earned numerous merit awards.Brand South Africa applauds this young lady and urges citizens to assist Oratilwe in raising funds for her to compete at the Miss Teen Global Beauty pageant where she will put South Africa on the global stage.For donations;Bank: NedbankAccount Number : 1091479755Account Holder: Oratilwe MashigoReference: Your Name and SurnameFor more information to support, please contact Oratilwe’s manager Ms Frangelina Letsoalo 082 806 9691
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Ohio FFA Alumni is holding their Second Annual 30 Guns in May gun raffle. Last year’s raffle was a great success.As with last year’s raffle, only 1,000 tickets are available and each ticket is $20 donation. The 30 guns in the raffle have a retail value of nearly $12,000. We will use the evening “Pick 3” Ohio Lottery numbers to determine the daily winners. So, there is the possibility of winning more than one gun. The winners will be notified by phone and will receive by certified mail a Gander Mountain gift card for the value of the gun.The drawing starts on May 1 and goes through May 30. The daily winner is selected by the evening Ohio Lottery, Pick 3. The goal is to have all of the tickets sold and stubs turned in for the drawing by April 20. If interested in this raffle, please contact Ron Tilford (513-293-4180) or email@example.com.In addition, the Ohio FFA Alumni will host their first annual trap shoot at Cardinal Shooting Center on April 1, 2017. The Cardinal Shooting Center is located north of Columbus near Mt. Gilead. The event starts at 10:15 and will finish with lunch. The cost of the event is $100 per person and this includes, lunch, ammo and sporting clays. To register, please go to www.ohioffaalumni.org, click on the news tab, scroll down and click on the trap shoot tab. For more information please contact Jason Damron (740-815-5106) or Ron Tilford (513-293-4180).Sponsorships, donations, and proceeds from our fundraising events directly benefit Ohio FFA members. In 2016, the Ohio FFA Alumni provided eight Washington Leadership Scholarships, Lifetime Membership to the 2015-2016 State Officers in Ohio, sponsored the state Greenhand Quiz and provided support for other leadership activities.With the addition of the Trap Shoot for 2017, we are planning to provide funds for additional leadership activities such as FFA Camp.
Jive Software has a new CEO and a new home for its headquarters.Jive named Tony Zingale as its new CEO. Zingale has been the interim CEO for the past three months while Jive looked for someone to replace Dave Hersh, who is now the company’s chairman of the board.The company also announced it would be moving its headquarters from Portland, Or. to Palo Alto, Ca.Zingale has considerable experience in leading technology companies. He recently served as president and CEO of Mercury Interactive, a business technology optimization company. In 2006, Hewlett Packard purchased Mercury for $5.1 billion.Jive is considered a candidate to pursue an IPO. Zingale is recognized as having the experience to lead the company to a public offering.Jive is one of the leading social business software companies. It often considered a candidate for acquisition by large technology companies looking to get a stronger position in the fast growing social business space. Analysts project the Social Business Software (SBS) market is growing in excess of 25% annually. The market is expected to reach $5 billion by 2013.Jive’s move from Portland is not a huge surprise. The company has increased its presence significantly in the Silicon Valley. In the past year, the company has increased from 4 to to 50 employees. It expects to have more than 100 employees in Palo Alto by the beginning of next year.Portland will continue to be a major hub for Jive. But it’s clear that the company is moving as the core of its operations are in Palo Alto.The move is a bit of a blow for Portland. The community is becoming a technology center in itself but it has few technology companies that have grown to the scale of Jive Software. IT + Project Management: A Love Affair Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Tags:#enterprise#news Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… alex williams Related Posts 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now
A BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh has been booked under the stringent Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act for allegedly burning the photos of BSP supremo Mayawati and SP president Akhilesh Yadav during a Holika Dahan event in Barabanki.The incident took place on March 20 and an FIR was filed at Ramnagar police station in Barabanki late on Friday, the police said on Saturday. The case was registered against Rambabu Dwivedi, State vice-president of the BJP Kisan Morcha.‘Hurled casteist abuses’According to the complaint lodged by SP MLC Rajesh Yadav, Mr. Dwivedi, along with others, burned pictures of Ms. Mayawati and Mr. Akhilesh Yadav during the festival and hurled sexist and casteist abuses at the leaders. A video of the event was also shared on social media.“Even today people of savarna caste want to oppress Dalits and OBCs and they have made their intentions known by setting on fire pictures of leaders of Dalits,” said the MLC in his complaint, adding the video was shared to instigate riots. “A probe is on,” the Barabanki police said on Twitter. Mr. Akhilesh Yadav said the Holika Dahan had sent a clear message that “Dalits and OBC communities will be suppressed and burned under the BJP rule just like they have been for centuries.” “The BJP will soon face the wrath of the deprived sections,” Mr. Akhilesh Yadav tweeted.Mr. Dwivedi, however, sought to justify the incident. “It was not to personally hurt anyone. The event was an effigy burning of the forces of anarchy, corruption and goondaism,” he told The Hindu.
Related Items:clement howell school, eliza simons school, enid capron school, turks caicos schools Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe three new principals and one new vice prinicipal for the government school system … and a woman will take over at the helm at CHHS. Mrs Kadean Cunningham named by the DP and Minister of Education for the job of running the country’s largest school … Juliet Arthur Thelwell is the new principal for Grand Turk’s Eliza Simons Primary…. And two on top at Enid Capron Primary in Five Cays… Sophia Garland is named acting principal, while Abigail Delancy is the acting VP. Former ECPS principal Rachel Taylor, according to the Minister’s remarks will return to this post in two years, once done with her study leave. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Private Schools Opened in Turks & Caicos
Cagliari midfielder Nicolò Barella has reportedly rejected an offer from from Napoli, leaving Inter as the favourites.Reports earlier came in over fellow Italian side Inter leading the race to sign the versatile midfielder who has also been linked with Chelsea, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain. Now Sportitalia transfer pundit Alfredo Pedullà maintains Barella himself made it clear he has no intention of joining Napoli, whether it is in January or next season.Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….Football Italia reports that Napoli tried everything to convince the 21-year-old to the Stadio San Paolo but he made it clear that he would prefer to line up with Inter at San Siro.Inter are competing in the Europa League having crashed out in the group stages of the UEFA champions league. Inter have not released an official statement about an offer for the player yet but Cagliari’s asking price is at least €45m and Inter seems ready to afford the fee.
InstagramThe latest season of the most popular dance reality show, Nach Baliye 9, is finally here. From Salman Khan judging the show to a well-known line up of contestants, this season of the show is definitely going to rake up the TRP charts.Bigg Boss fame Rochelle Rao and husband Keith Sequiera are also a part of the show this season. Sharing a video on Instagram, Rochelle said that Salman Khan has been her lucky charm. “Another year..another show..the only thing remaining constant is us and Salman Khan..! Always good fun to work with him..! #NachBaliye #season9 #KeRoOnNach #KeRo #YinYang @keithsequeira @beingsalmankhan @starplus @banijayasia,” Rochelle wrote while sharing the video.In the video, Rao has said, “Always a good day when Salman is there. He is our lucky charm I should say.” Keith added, “He is always so much fun, full of humour and just so playful.”The couple have also shared a couple of rehearsal videos on Instagram where the two can be seen trying to match up the steps with each-other. Rochelle and Keith were one of the most loved and popular couples on Bigg Boss. The duo continued being in a relationship even after coming out of the house and got married last year.This is for the first time in the history of Indian television that ex-couples will be seen participating in a show. Urvashi Dholakia has participated in the show along with ex-Anuj Sachdeva. Talking to Pinkvilla, the actor said about dancing with his ex, It did take some thinking. But then I was like as Urvashi and I have been friends for years it was comfortable to say yes. Also, I did not think too much about the theme or what people would decipher, I just wanted to do a dance show simple as that.”The grand premiere episode of Nach Baliye 9 had producer Salman Khan introducing the contestants on the show.