Zouma Pens New Six-Year Deal At Chelsea; Joins Stoke On Season-Long Loan

first_imgFrench defender Kurt Zouma has signed a new six-year contract with English Premier League (EPL) champions Chelsea until 2023 and has been immediately loaned to Stoke City for the 2017/18 season.Zouma joined Chelsea from French Ligue 1 side in 2014 and has gone on to score 4 goals in 71 appearances for the Stamford Bridge outfit. Speaking on Zouma, Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo said: “It is fantastic Kurt has chosen to commit his future to Chelsea. He has shown his talent since joining us three years ago, and has returned from a serious injury with a fantastic attitude.”“Now he has the opportunity to play regularly in the Premier League and we will be monitoring his progress closely while he is at Stoke.” he added.Kurt Zouma, 22, has won 2 league titles in addition to the League Cup triumph in 2015 since joining the Blues.RelatedKurt Zouma Leaves Chelsea For Everton On LoanAugust 10, 2018In “England”Eight Premier League Transfer TargetsJuly 3, 2017In “England”Miguel FlanoJune 30, 2017Similar postlast_img read more

UEFA Champions League: Player Of The Year Award Shortlist Announced

first_imgThe winner will be announced next week Thursday, 24th August 2017.Real Madrid won the 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League, defeating Juventus 4-1 in Cardiff last June.RelatedUEFA Champions League – Best Player Award Shortlist AnnouncedAugust 4, 2017In “Europe”FIFA Announce 2017 World Best Player Award ShortlistAugust 17, 2017In “Africa”UEFA Player Award: Ronaldo, Modric & Salah Make Three-Man ShortlistAugust 20, 2018In “England” The three-man shortlist for the 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League player of the year award have been announced.Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, who was knocked out in the semi final by Juventus last season, made the cut alongside finalists, Juventus’ Gianluigi Buffon and Real’s Cristiano Ronaldo.last_img read more

FIFA Rankings: Nigeria Drop Six Places

first_imgRelatedFIFA World Ranking – Nigeria Move Up One Place, Remains 6th In AfricaAugust 10, 2017In “National Team”FIFA World Rankings: Super Eagles Drop One Spot To 35thOctober 24, 2019In “FIFA”Hull City vs Crystal PalaceJune 30, 2017Similar post The Super Eagles of Nigeria dropped six places in the latest FIFA World Ranking for September despite beating African champions Cameroon earlier this month.Nigeria, however, moved up one place to claim the 5th best footballing Nation in Africa with 716 points, behind Egypt, Tunisia, Senegal and Congo DR respectively.The Super Eagles, who placed 38th in the August rankings, now occupies the 44th position.Nigeria tops group B of Africa’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier with 10 points after four rounds of matches, three above second placed Zambia and will host the Chipolopolo next month in Uyo needing only a point to confirm Nigeria’s place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.Elsewhere, Germany returned to the number one spot in just over a month, displacing Brazil to second place.September FIFA World Rankings – Africa Top Ten1. Egypt2. Tunisia3. Senegal4. Congo DR5. Nigeria6. Cameroon7. Burkina Faso8. Ghana9. Côte d’Ivoire10. Moroccolast_img read more

Ronaldo Nazario Opens Up On Neymar’s Barcelona Exit

first_imgRelatedMourinho Snubs Ronaldo and Messi, Names Football’s ‘GOAT’April 26, 2020In “Featured”Analysing A Potential Neymar Switch To The City Of LoveJuly 22, 2017In “Europe”I Have Now Won Best Player Five Times – Ronaldo Fuels Messi RivalryOctober 24, 2017In “FIFA” Former Real Madrid legend Ronaldo Nazario has suggested that his own exit from Barcelona was similar to that of fellow Brazilian, Neymar, who moved to PSG in the summer.Ronaldo also attributed a lack of attention to detail on current LaLiga player contracts as the reason why fiscal matters are often overlooked, causing problems down the line.Speaking to Brazilian newspaper Veja, Ronaldo said, “Players have to make time to see everything, they have to focus on their own business.”“Neymar’s departure was similar to mine, and though I don’t know the details or what happened in the negotiations, there may have been an issue with the Barcelona board, which was also the case when I left.”It’s an interesting point and one which once again highlights the problems involving Barcelona’s board, and their management of the club.last_img read more

Liverpool Suffer Familiar Frailties

first_imgRelatedUCL Wrap: Madrid, Tottenham Clash Ends In Draw; City And Liverpool Secure Important WinsOctober 17, 2017In “Europe”UCL Review: English Sides Dominate Last 16 Lineup With Liverpool’s QualificationDecember 7, 2017In “Europe”UCL Wrap (Late Kickoff): Champions Real Thrash Hapless APOEL To Secure Last 16 As Liverpool Lose Three-Goal Lead To Deflate Qualification HopesNovember 22, 2017In “Europe” Liverpool were seemingly cruising away to Sevilla last night at half-time but familiar defensive woes surfaced once more and they surrendered a 3-goal lead to draw 3-3 away in Spain.It was an electric first half of football that saw goals from Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane give Liverpool a 3-goal lead at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan – a stadium where the home side Sevilla had not lost a match in over 12 months.It seemed like a continuation of the team’s recent good displays that had resulted in a 13-1 aggregate scoreline in their last four games, but as former Liverpool captain Phil Thompson said “If anyone should know it’s never over when you’re 3-0 up, it’s Liverpool”.The result in Spain is not by any means a disaster. All Liverpool need to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League is a point against Spartak Moscow in the last round of group games. What would be of utmost concern to Jurgen Klopp as they prepare to face Chelsea this weekend and Everton in the Merseyside Derby is the return of their well-documented defensive frailties that have beleaguered his team.Alberto Moreno has earned praise, and his starting place in the team, this season after showing significant improvements in his game so far but it was a torrid night for him on a return to his boyhood club. Wissam Ben Yedder was unfortunate to not score early on after a Moreno error on the left but a needless foul from the Spanish left back was what led to Ben Yedder heading beyond Lorius Karius from an Ever Banega free kick.Moreno was nervous again as he failed to properly control a Coutinho pass in the Liverpool box and his subsequent trip on Ben Yedder led to the penalty for the second goal. Moreno was obviously getting the runaround from Franco Vazquez and was replaced by James Milner in the 63rd minute.Klopp’s Liverpool shabby defensive record with set-pieces was again brought to the fore as they conceded a late equaliser for the third time in Europe this season. Quite worryingly, only RB Leipzig and Qarabag have conceded more goals from set-pieces than Liverpool – a trend that has been their Achilles heel since Klopp took over.Jordan Henderson was unsure of his movements for the corner kick and after Ragnar Klavan’s mistimed header fell to Guido Pizzaro, he did not miss from 12 yards.“In the second half we stopped playing football and were passive,” he said afterwards. Indeed, the stats showed Liverpool’s passing accuracy dropped to just 59 per cent in the second half as the players struggled to keep their cool. “We opened the door for them and didn’t close it in the last minutes,” added Klopp.Klopp’s Liverpool side lost 18points from winning positions in the league last season and have the third worst defensive record from set-pieces in both the Premier League and the Champions League. There still is no clear evidence of improvements in defensive areas and as such there is alot to ponder about. After all the progress of the last couple of weeks – albeit shortlived – they must now pick themselves back up.last_img read more

Former Paddy Power CEO Stewart Kenny holds stance against FOBTs

first_img Swansea City drops gambling sponsor August 21, 2020 Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 Share Submit StumbleUpon Share Related Articles Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 Stewart KennyThe Times has reported that former Paddy Power co-founder and CEO Stewart Kenny has secretly lobbied against fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs), stating that the machines were exploitative of problem gamblers and the vulnerable.The newspaper has revealed that in a 2009 consultation, Kenny urged the Irish government not to follow the UK’s lead by banning FOBTs from Irish betting shops. Kenny argued that the machines were more addictive than traditional forms of gambling.“Let us learn from the mistake in the UK of allowing them into betting offices, once they are in it is impossible to get rid of them or even curb their more addictive elements,” Kenny told the Irish government.To date, Ireland has not legalised FOBTs, despite reports that UK bookmakers have generated £1.75 billion from the machines and provided + £400 million in tax revenues. The Irish betting market has always been anti-machine though. Unlike the UK betting shops, Irish bookmakers are unable to even operate fruit machines and so the introduction of server based gaming with high stakes would be a huge sea change in perspective for the market.Debate surrounding FOBTs continues in the UK, with the government reviewing its stance on the matter as anti-gambling campaigners urge ministers to cut machine wagering from £100 to £2.Carolyn Harris, Chair of the all-party parliamentary group on FOBTs called Kenny’s comments a ‘refreshing admission’, speaking to The Times, she stated : “The gambling industry should not be encouraging people to get involved with something that they know carries a high risk of them losing all their money and in many cases their sanity because the addiction is driving them to desperate levels.”last_img read more

InBet removes the online and offline divide with Café Bridge

first_img Hot Swap delivers “instant win” for Inbet’s retail betting clients January 2, 2019 Submit Share Share Related Articles Inbet and Iforium join forces to create successful software deal November 13, 2018 Inbet to boost betting volume through Atomic platform December 20, 2018 StumbleUpon Inbet Games has confirmed the launch of Café Bridge, a new payment service which provides players with a single account, accessible from both physical gaming venues and online platforms.For end users, it enables a simple move between online and offline action, with a cash deposit option which is important for those who are unwilling to utilise online payment methods and remain concerned over the privacy of their transactions.For businesses, Café Bridge provides a tool to connect their land-based and web-based operations, expanding the audiences of both, as well as creating new marketing opportunities.This new release is the latest step towards InBet’s vision of “bridging all dominant gambling and betting formats” within a coherent and universal gaming environment.Pavel Korolev, Business Development Director for Inbet Games, said: “Too often we have heard stories about gamblers who were unable to indulge in their favorite leisure because of being reluctant to use credit cards for depositing the money. Café Bridge will help you bring them back to the table.“A liaison between the offline and online gambling worlds, it allows players to anonymously deposit cash at designated locations, receiving a text message with a code in exchange. The code would then grant access to the player’s personal account from any location – a partner betting shop, a nearby casino, or from the comfort of their own home.“Operators will love the ease of expanding their online audiences with Café Bridge. Once land-based customers switch to accounts that are equally good for online gaming, only imagination sets the limit for promotional activities. Complimentary chips for online games, free trials and conditional bonuses will drive old patrons to explore new ways of gaming and betting, boosting their loyalty and enhancing their overall gaming experience.”last_img read more

BetterBetting launches pre-ICO for betting cryptocurrency BETR

first_img Celtic, Betway and William Hill – SBC’s biggest hits of 2018 December 31, 2018 Related Articles Share BETR launches multi-cryptocurrency betting February 22, 2019 StumbleUpon Submit Share BETR smart contract upgrade features new affiliate program January 9, 2019 BetterBetting Foundation, a software systems enabler for sports betting on the blockchain, has launched its pre-Initial Coin Offering (ICO) sale ahead of its ICO in December. The token sale introduces investors to BETR, the betting cryptocurrency that lays the foundations of the first truly decentralised peer-to-peer online sports betting marketplace.All bets will be stored on the blockchain, providing full transparency and provable fairness on all transactions, thereby eliminating all human or business activity between the two betting parties. Ultimately, the software and standards that comprise the system will be open source and free for anyone to copy and use, paving the way for BETR to become the exclusive cryptocurrency of some of the world’s leading gaming operators.Adriaan Brink, CEO & Founder of BetterBetting Foundation, said: “With Better Betting we are excited to bring a new paradigm to the world of sports betting.“By combining the power of blockchain with our experience and knowledge of the sports betting industry, we are introducing a new betting currency that understands the underlying structure of a sports bet, ensuring fair and robust betting opportunities between two parties, who do not have any relationship with one another.“Working with major industry players, this decentralised liquidity marketplace for sports betting can be used in many different ways and provides automated programmatic interfaces so that existing sportsbooks can link into the system. Working with, rather than against, major industry players with a zero margin model, we seek to provide the railway tracks for sports betting in the future.”BetterBetting is seeking a minimum $2M and maximum $30M raise from December’s ICO. These funds will be used for the development and release of the BetterBetting protocol; the development and open-sourcing of dapps and node software; and marketing to key stakeholders and consumers, as well as legal and administrative costs.last_img read more

Adjarabet adopts SBTech solution ahead of Armenia launch

first_imgShare Share Submit StumbleUpon Georgia headquartered operator Adjarabet has upgraded to a SBTech powered sportsbook, as the firm plans to extend its reach to a further regulated market.Strengthening its position within its home territory via the SBTech powered betting solution, Adjarabet detailed that it forms “part of an aggressive strategy of consolidating its dominant position in its core market.”  A further enhancement is to also be embarked upon within the coming weeks, with the Georgia launch to be followed by the company going live in Armenia.Koba Davarashvili, Chief Executive Officer of Adjarabet, added: “Adjarabet is delighted to be going live with SBTech’s Seamless sportsbook solution. We’re sure our thousands of existing customers will love the best range of unique markets and in-play features among Georgian operators. “The platform will enable us to consolidate our market-leading position in Georgia and satisfy our international aspirations beyond this year’s World Cup.”SBTech also stated that the launch marks their latest entry into a growing regulated market, in addition to complimenting Adjarabet’s plans for driving druther growth across the Caucasus region.The group’s new site is fully responsive, enabling players to benefit from the latest mobile functionalities and in-play products such as Pulse Bet, Action Betting and Add2Bet.Andrew Cochrane, Chief Commercial Officer at SBTech, commented: “SBTech is delighted to go live with another market-leading regulated operator, and we’re looking forward to providing Adjarabet with our best-in-class mobile betting features, as well as the widest range of in-play markets and responsible gambling controls. “Georgia and Armenia are both enormously promising markets and we look forward to working closely with Adjarabet to supply the most powerful, localised sports betting product possible.” Parimatch promotes ‘proven talent’ Dmitry Sergeev as CEO of CIS markets May 15, 2020 Related Articles Kambi and DraftKings agree on final closure terms July 24, 2020 Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020last_img read more

GamblersPick.com reaches milestone 1,000 online casino revie

first_imgShare Share Submit Related Articles House Tech Ads strengthens affiliate network August 31, 2018 Legacy online casino affiliate GamblersPick.com has today announced that it has reached a milestone ‘1,000th casino review listing’ on its community portal.Founded in 2015, GamblersPick has created a trusted online gambling community, in which its audiences share their experiences about each specific game and engagements with online casinos.Furthermore, the House Tech Ads operated online gambling community, details that to date it has independently reviewed more than 10,000 online slot games.GamblersPick’s open community and unbias approach to reviewing casino and games content, has seen the portal become one of the market’s leading independent affiliates.Commenting on the achievement of reviewing 1,000 online casinos, Oren Arzony, Director at House Tech Ads, said:“GamblersPick is fast cementing its position as the premier resource for players looking to find their perfect online casino, with a strong sense of community that comes from providing a meaningful platform for those players to share their opinions.“We are delighted to have underlined the portal’s growth with 1,000 online casino brands on the site, and we look forward to continuing to expand and develop the resource for the benefit of online casino players all over the world.” StumbleUponlast_img read more